Saturday, July 3, 2010

German Breakfast = Germany Win

Before we finished packing up the car and headed out to my parent's house for the final leg of our trip, we went out to breakfast at this German restaurant in St. Louis. The Schneithorst had a very German feel, including a bar area that looking like an old beer cellar (dark and cool).

Saturday also happened to be the day that German was playing Argentina in the quarterfinal's of the World Cup. Being unable to watch the game with fellow German fans, I figured this was the next best thing. For a little German luck, I decided to sample the traditional German breakfast (including bratwurst and spicy mustard) in hopes that it would bring a little German luck to the day. Not only was the breakfast wonderful, Germany's performance was nothing short of dominating. It was such an enjoyable game, I watched it again when I got to my parents house.



No comments: