About a month ago I wrote a posting that detailed all of the projects we were going to be working on with the various parental units. The purpose of the list was to give us a starting point for getting the house prepared for Jack and Finn's arrival. I also wanted to get as much done with the extra help, because once the boys arrived I was going to have less time to complete home improvement projects. We are still finishing up a number of projects, but we have made some real progress.
In the front we really don't have anything in the way of landscaping. We are now well on our way to getting something that looks pretty decent. We were pretty careful in our selection of plants because between the location of the site and my black thumb, nothing has survived there yet, except this horrid ground cover.
We also took out a couple of shrubs from the front, still working on what is going to go in these spots.
We, and by we I mean "Sir Chops-a-lot" aka Papa Baker, trimmed the bushes down to a manageable height. Now that the bushes are trimmed, the two new Live Oaks planned in honor of the Jack and Finn will have some sunlight to grow.
We also got the gate fixed and it now opens and shuts with ease.
We were also able to install some gutters on the north side of the house and this allows the water to flow away from the house instead of under it.
And the patio is on the way to awesome. As you can see from the photo, we extended the surface out. This will allow the boys plenty of space to ride bikes, and we will also have more space for a patio set. Currently, Papa Wehr and I are working on improving the grilling area (more photos to come soon).