Friday, February 8, 2008

Sawyer explained.......


There has been much speculation to the naming of our first child and I want to clear up any doubts. Although Sarah and I are huge LOST fans (who isn't) we didn't name our child after one of the main characters that also happens to be a con man. Although I personally like the character, I don't think it is ever a good idea to name your kid after your favorite TV character otherwise there would be lots of Captain Kirk's who are now nearly 40 years old.


We decided to go the literary route, and sought our inspiration from a classic in American literature. We liked the way that the name Sawyer sounded and we loved the hint of mischief and creativity the name implies.



And we most definitely didn't name our child after Sawyer Brown (which somebody asked), the country music group.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so excited for you both! I can't wait to see Connor and for Sawyer and Connor to play! Have a great time with your new little one and please give me any advice you think I may need! Congrats!

-Sarah Davidson-Kostusiak

Anonymous said...

Put more pictures of Sawyer on the blog. I already know what the other Sawyers look like! OK, the truth is I didn't know what the one on LOST looks like, but I also don't care. Baby pictures, baby pictures, baby pictures.
Love you guys! Jerry & Gretchen