Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 4 - Travel Day

Yesterday we loaded up the vehicle for another 11 hour day on the road, this time from MO to MN. I first want to recognize Mrs. B for being ready to leave at the intended time, this ended up making a big difference later in the day. We made great time all day and hit the outskirts of the Twin Cities in under 10 hours, unfortunately we then spent the next hour and a half stuck in traffic. This wasn’t unexpected, but with Stormagetton bearing down on all of Minnesota, we were on the clock to get to the intended destination (hence the leaving early paid off).


Couple of thoughts from the day:

  • The ESPN World Cup App has been an absolute lifesaver for me, and well worth the $7.99. I have been able to listen to games while we are on the road, and with a pair of noise-canceling headphones, it is like my own little soccer oasis in a traveling scream mobile. Best $7.99 I have ever spent.

  • I am not sure who has a harder job on travel days. I do all the driving, but Mrs.B has to deal with the kids when they are awake. Now before all you women jump on the Mrs.B bandwagon, she was able to get about 5 hours of shut eye on an 11 hours trip, but I will admit the other 6 hours weren’t quite as restful.

  • Maybe I am getting old, but one of the biggest challenges of staying in multiple locations is the bed. Adjusting to a new bed takes at least a couple of nights. Reading this I am thinking that it in fact does make me sound old, because I am starting to sound like my dad. Pretty soon I am going to be complaining about going on any type of vacation, and just prefer to stay home....in my own bed.

No comments: